Sunday, January 8, 2012

Still alive - still pregnant - January 8th, 2012

Sorry I've been MIA again.  This seems to happen whenever I actually hit the 'definitely pregnant' phase.  Apparently I'm a good infertility blogger, but not much good at any other type of blogging.  I had a second ultrasound at 11 weeks, and the little one was in there bouncing all over the place and starting to look very much like a micro-person.  I've felt some movement a few times, but nothing consistently.  It's still very early, so it's not unusual not to feel movement regularly.  I think that for a 'normal' person, feeling movement consistently starts around 18 - 22 weeks or so.  And the larger you are, the later it happens - and I'm a big girl, so I'm not worried about it.  We went to a delicious restaurant called "The Melting Pot" with several of our friends last night.  It is a fondue restaurant and very expensive and time consuming, so it was a real treat to go and spend that time with everyone.  It's my favorite restaurant - I just love it so much!  Apparently this baby loves it too, because by the time I got home (it's about a 45 minute drive home), kiddo was bouncing off the walls in there.  Must have been the last course, which is everything sweet dipped in chocolate.  Yum yum yum!  I am going to have to put together fondue meals at home, because I think this will be my constant craving this pregnancy.  heh.  And though the chocolate is good, it's actually not the part I'm craving.  I want the apples in cheese, the seafood cooked in broth and dipped in all sorts of sauces, the mushroom caps with 'green goddess' sauce, and the broccoli with yellow curry and yogurt sauce.  So, that will be my plan to get some recipes and put that together sometime very soon.  =)  OK, back to pregnancy . . .

I will be 15 weeks along on Tuesday, so making definite progress.  That's when my next OB appointment is too, so it will be nice to hear the heartbeat and know that everything is right on track.  We are definitely going 'team green' again this time, which means we aren't finding out the baby's sex until it is born.  That drives a lot of people batty, but we love that surprise when we meet the kiddo.  It was really fun doing that with RoBet - it was a wonderful bonus at the end of a long and difficult labor. 

There's not much else to report right now.  I got a new game for Christmas, The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim, and I've been playing that way too much during RoBet's naps and after her bedtime.  My brother in law got me sick right after Christmas, and that really sucks while pregnant even more than when not pregnant.  You cannot believe what a world of difference DayQuil/NyQuil and other similar product make until you cannot have them!  Mostly better now, though still congested and have a little cough.  Bleh. 

Well, I hope everyone had a great holiday and is settling back into 'real life'.  Hopefully I'll update again in less than a month, but I'm not placing any bets on it.  =)

1 comment:

Just T said...

So glad that you and baby are going well. I think it's so cool that you're waiting for gender until little one is born. I would never have the patience.