Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Treatment Begins Anew - June 8, 2011

As it turns out, Dr RE agreed with our plan. He still thinks we have a very low chance of success with the IUI treatment, but it worked before, so *shrug*. Rather than ordering a new semen analysis, the doc suggested we just find out with the first treatment. The cost is pretty much the same to do the analysis as the treatment, so again, *shrug*.

In any case, today is cycle day 3 (CD3), so I have a blood draw to test my FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone - make sure I'm not menopausal early) and then I start the Clomid! The doc has me on 100 mg again this time, like I was on in cycles 2 & 3 last time. It's kind of exciting, but I remember all of the nasty side effects. As if it's not already hot enough, hot flash city, here I come! And the headaches - bleh. But then I think of my awesome daughter and realize just how worth it all of this is. No amount of discomfort can dissuade me from working toward another awesome little munchkin. I need to get better at blogging from home, as that is where my camera and pictures are. I promise to get better, soon, since additional upcoming changes in my life will soon allow me more time for these things! More on that to come . . . for now - wish me luck with the test and the hormones!

4 comments:

Not Important said...

Best of luck.

AwesomeCloud and family said...

go you!

Haha, I feel like such a wimp. I'm digging this only child thing so much, I plan to not even consider having a second child until Cloud is 7.

pixnlil said...

lol! Hey, to each their own! I can definitely see how having a wider space between kiddos would be beneficial. But man, I have baby fever something awful! I can hardly wait to do it all again, even though I hated the way I felt when pregnant and the labor and delivery were AWFUL! haha! I think I'm nuts!!

AwesomeCloud and family said...

Actually, I felt that way on and off for the whole year after Cloud came home. I thought it was because I missed the camaraderie of the adoption community. Leaving that for parenthood, I felt so isolated. I missed everybody talking about their new matches and the tension of waiting for the next paperwork milestone. I missed feeling like together we were saving the world. And when I perused the waiting children lists, I could totally see many of the children as part of our family.

And if we wait a few years, we get to choose how big an age gap our children have. We could have a 5 or 6 year old if we choose, and then the siblings will be close in age. Or go for a whole 6-year age gap by adopting a baby (although I'm thinking not).