Thursday, September 10, 2009

Still in Disbelief - September 10th, 2009

I'm still in shock. I cannot believe that this has happened. I had to take a third test tonight, just because. I know, I'm silly! I had my blood draw today for my first hCG beta level. I should hear the results tomorrow. I hate waiting! =) I'll get a second beta test on Monday to make sure my levels are doubling successfully. They should double every 48 - 72 hours, so here's hoping! Then, about 2 to 3 weeks from today, I will go in for my first ultrasound of the gestational sac. The intent there is to make sure it's in the right place (the uterus and not a fallopian tube) and to make sure it's not an empty sac. In other words, to make sure it's a viable pregnancy. I feel very confident that it will be a viable pregnancy. Our challenge was getting to this point. Now I'm going to go and enjoy my pregnancy. Yep, every bit of it. Even when I'm vomiting my brains out, I'm going to be happy as a clam. Or so the saying goes. I wonder if clams can feel happiness. Hmmm . . .

1 comment:

Not Important said...

Will someome please think of the oysters?