Saturday, October 8, 2011

Good results - October 8th, 2011

I got some good results at my checkup today.  My follicles went from 11 - 14mm to 17.5 - 26mm!  They doc was looking for at least 3 to be 18mmand we have 16 ranging from 17.5 - 26mm!  He was pretty surprised that so many grew so fast - he even called the biggest ones 'monsters'.  haha!  So, we will take the trigger shot tonight (which is the same as the trigger shots that we did for our IUIs) and the egg retrieval (ER) will be Monday morning.  I cannot believe how fast the stimulation phase went! 

2 comments:

Just T said...

Great news! I am so excited for you. I am not very familar with IVF process yet. How long after retrieval will they implant embryos?

pixnlil said...

Hi Toni - Well, ideally they do a 5-day blastocyst transfer. That day of ER is day 0, so for me, it would be Saturday. However, if there are not very many embryos growing and/or they do not look very good, the doc will do a day 3 transfer to get them into the uterus as soon as possible and give them the best chances. So for us, that would be Thursday. We'll have a better idea of what is in store for us tomorrow when we get the fertilization report and we see how many we have.