Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Some good news - October 5th, 2011
This morning's appointment went well. The blood draw was uneventful. I had to wait a bit longer for the ultrasound than before, but it still wasn't too long. When the doc came in to peek at what was going on, he found that my uterine lining was a 7 already. It needs to be at least a 6 at transfer - and that is still at least a week away, so that's great! He then looked at my left ovary and saw 4 follicles right away. The ovary was being difficult to get into view, as always, so he though there were more but didn't feel a need to push around to view it better. They both measured in the 13 mm range. Then he looked at the right ovary, and it was full of all sorts of follicles, all of a similar size. They were between 11 and 14 mm, and he did a quick count of 7, again without probing or moving the wand around. So, we have a minimum of 11 good sized follicles, all growing at a nice rate. The doc wants at least 3 follicles of size 18 or larger for trigger (HCg trigger shot) and they grow at an average of 2 mm per day, so there is a good chance that we will be given the order to trigger on Saturday after our appointment putting our egg retrieval at Monday. That is nearly a week ahead of schedule! I guess we're making up time that we lost in suppression. haha! I then got the call about my E2 levels this afternoon. They were at 733, which is great for where we are in the process! So we will continue with what we've been doing until Saturday, and from there we'll probably be able to know the rest of the schedule. Exciting!