Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Waiting Game - July 9th, 2009

The waiting game continues. It's terrible, but every little thing that happens to my body makes me wonder what it could mean. I had some light cramping earlier today. There's a good possibility that my ovaries are swollen from the super stimulation of follicles earlier this cycle. Or it could be that my body is just starting down the road to PMS. But I cannot help but feel hopeful, which I find upsetting. I don't want to be hopeful. It's such a long shot, and I don't want to set myself up for disappointment again. I've had so many disappointments already, I hate to set myself up for failure. I really can't help it though. And earlier today I had some light spotting. It was only one time, and it was very, very light - but it was definitely there. Spotting and light cramping can be signs of implantation. They can also be signs of many other things. But I'm not hoping for other things, so my brain won't squash this little hopeful twinge I have, no matter how much I wish it would. I have a feeling it's going to be another long week.

No comments: